Bookshelf Tour: Part 3

Alright guys, finally we have come to the final part of the bookshelf tour: The Scary Closet. (Don’t forget to check out Part 1 and Part 2!)

I won’t even bother trying to explain my organizational system (or lack of) this time around. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to any of these piles at all. Shameful, I know. I fully expect the books to get back at me one of these days by collapsing all over the place.

So there you have it! Do y’all have books piled around your house like I do or do you actually have adequate shelf space?

• Misty February 13, 2011, 3:19 am

"Adequate shelf space". Ha! Adequate shelf space means buy more books.
    I used to have closet stacks like this, but I DID have a few collapses, so now I have the dreaded double row/double stack. But I was smart and took pictures of the back rows, so I know what's behind the front and don't have to pull off a million books to get the one I want.
    (Also, I'm about to go to triple row/stacks…)

• Liz February 13, 2011, 3:51 am

I have stacks like this on my dresser. Like Misty, mine are double rowed/stacked. It's so bad. I could probably use all of my books to build myself a totally awesome fort, if I tried.

• katie February 13, 2011, 4:34 am

Umm your books look like mine. I am so glad that I am not the only one. Mine have gotten so bad that they fall on me all the time. =]

• T.V and Book Addict February 13, 2011, 4:46 am

Mine are all over my room. It's scary. I had to switch rooms with my sister because I was running out of space and hers was apparently bigger. I was perfectly fine with my room, but my family decided to completely switch the rooms while I was out of town. It was crazy, but I'm liking it. There is way more space now hehe

• anachronist February 13, 2011, 9:09 am

adequate shelf space

You must be kidding. I would have to have two rooms with nothing but bookcases to call the space adequate. My books are not all over my flat but only because I like keeping it tidy. Yeah,I LIKE cleaning. I know I am mad. 😉

• Pisinat February 13, 2011, 9:53 am

Right now,I haven't got any more space for my books, so I had to put more than half of them into boxes in our garage *sad face*
    But I hope I have my own appartment this year, I hope I have real bookshelves!!

• A Tale of Many Reviews February 13, 2011, 4:23 pm

Forget B&N, I'm taking a mini road trip and raiding your closet! haha I don't keep books unless they are an absolute favorite. Otherwise, I giveaway on blog, schools/classrooms, or send tp another blogger. I am such a clutter nut as is (spring cleaning will be in strict force this year), I would live in nothing but a book house if I didn't find new homes for some. :)I am impressed though!

• Joann February 14, 2011, 2:37 am

I read all 3 of your shelves, wow you have a few books! It doesnt look too bad, my books are in our entertainment center!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

• April (BooksandWine) February 14, 2011, 6:01 pm

Yep, I totally have stacks, but they are on top of shelves. But I have a ton of shelf-space too.

Love these piles! And tours.

• Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com February 16, 2011, 11:17 pm

Impressive!

• Jennie February 17, 2011, 2:28 am

Whoa – that is a pile of books! I loved the whole tour!