I didn’t want to include books to be published in 2012 in my favorites of 2011 list – but I have already read several 2012 releases that I have absolutely loved. They definitely deserve a post of their own!
I decided to just create a top five rather than list them all, so here they are…
5. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. I love YA high fantasy, and there isn’t enough of it. The premise of this book was fascinating, and the execution definitely lived up to it. It is the first of a series, but each book features different MCs so this one stands alone just fine. Another YA rarity!
4. Tempest by Julie Cross. Such a cool plot, seriously. It has been optioned, and I really hope it does get made into a movie!
3. Celebrity in Death by J.D. Robb. The newest installment of my favorite series – of course I loved it!
2. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. One of the best dystopians I’ve ever read. Fantastic plot, brilliant writing and wonderful characterization.
1. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen. This book was absolutely fantastic. It is among one of my favorites of all time. The characters were so compelling – I loved having a tough girl added into the lore of Robin Hood. Definitely a must read, y’all. I’m already thinking about rereading it and it hasn’t even been released yet!
So – your turn! Have you guys read any 2012 releases that you just have to rave about?