Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke & the Bookish.
If you haven’t tried historical romance…
1. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean. Great characters and great plot. A new release with a take on the classic spinster-meets-rake plot. I found myself constantly laughing.
2. Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas. Another spinster-meets-rake plot – written completely different. One of the best examples of a reformed rake in the entire genre.
3. When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James. A retelling – a very well-written one. Fabulous characters! The male hero is inspired by Dr. House.
4. Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase. These characters have some of the best chemistry – sizzling hot. Really great writing from one of the best in the field.
5. Slightly Scandalous by Mary Balogh. One of the authors of the genre that you have to read, this one a take on the fake-engagement plot. Hilarious characters you’ll love within a few pages.
If you haven’t tried adult epic fantasy…
1. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. My favorite book of all time. Some of the best writing you’ll come across ever, with fantastic characters!
2. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. Fantasy is all about the world building, and this author is the best at it. The. Best.
4. The Poison Throne by Celine Kiernan. First of a darker trilogy. Murder, starvation, cannibalism…
5. The Stand by Stephen King. If you want a real post-apocalyptic read, this is it. It doesn’t get any better than SK!