In My Mailbox

Hosted by The Story Siren.

Library Haul:

The Mighty Miss Malone by Christopher Paul Curtis
Life: An Exploded Diagram by Mal Peet
Jefferson’s Sons by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
The Lions of Little Rock by Kristin Levine (already read and definitely recommend!)
Castle Waiting by Linda Medley (recommended by Misty at The Book Rat)

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder
The Irish Princess by Karen Harper (for a Goodreads book club)
The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye

Nerd Time, y’all! Two reference books about the Medieval Period…

Life in a Medieval Village by Frances & Joseph Gies
A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century by Barbara W. ย Tuchman

• April Books & Wine February 25, 2012, 2:35 pm

FIRST!!

Okay, so much awesome in your mailbox where do I begin?

Alright. Probability Of Miracles is sad but perfect.

The Mighty Miss Malone looks fantastic.

I totally have A Distant Mirror from Audible on my phone. So holla for your good taste.

And finally Castle Waiting LOOKS AWESOME. I love that retro regal cover.
    April Books & Wine recently posted..In My Mailbox (56)My Profile

• Nafiza February 25, 2012, 3:15 pm

Such pretty books. I hope you enjoy them tremendously. That’s my word for today. Tremendous.
    Nafiza recently posted..Cover LurveMy Profile

• Beth Shaum February 25, 2012, 3:15 pm

I got The Mighty Miss Malone this week too. Christopher Paul Curtis is coming to my nearby indie bookstore on Tuesday so I had to get some of his books before he comes. I can’t wait. I’ve heard he’s an awesome speaker.
    Beth Shaum recently posted..In My Mailbox (63)My Profile

• Lisa! February 25, 2012, 4:56 pm

Yeah, I’ll admit it – I clicked on The Gods of Gotham because I thought it might be Batman related.

But now that I’ve read the summary on Goodreads, it sounds like a helluva book. I can’t wait to read your thoughts!

Also, YAY for reference books!
    Lisa! recently posted..heylisarenee: @annareadsbooks nonsense! BUT your new one is adorbs. per usual!My Profile

• Jessica@a GREAT read February 25, 2012, 5:27 pm

Nice! These are all new to me! Like the new look of your website! Think it may have been awhile since my last visit! Looks niiiiiice!

My IMM will be up tomorrow so be sure to stop by then!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower ๐Ÿ™‚

• Becky @ Stories & Sweeties February 26, 2012, 2:29 am

Oh, I love the cover of The Irish Princess! Hope it’s as good as it looks! I’m looking forward to reading The Probability of Miracles, too! Enjoy!
    Becky @ Stories & Sweeties recently posted..In My Mailbox {105}My Profile

• Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile February 26, 2012, 11:28 am

Great haul and I love the cover of Life: An Exploded Diagram!

And OMG, I love your blog design it is simply awesome! =D

Here’s my IMM

Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile
    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile recently posted..In My Mailbox #4My Profile

• Tara @ Hobbitsies February 26, 2012, 12:02 pm

AHHH The Probability of Miracles is devastatingly good. And ooh, The Irish Princess looks interesting! Can’t wait to see what you think.
    Tara @ Hobbitsies recently posted..Picture the Dead by Adele GriffinMy Profile

• Amy @ Turn the Page (YA) February 26, 2012, 12:05 pm

The Probability of Miracles is a lovely read, and I’ve heard really fantastic things about Mighty Miss Malone – canot wait to read that one myself!

Happy reading!

MyIMMthis week
    Amy @ Turn the Page (YA) recently posted..In My Mailbox (32)My Profile

• Amy @ Tripping Over Books February 26, 2012, 2:57 pm

Whew. Probability of Miracles was AMAZING. I ugly-cried, but it was fantastic.
    And those history books reminded me of this one book I remember from when I was younger that was this illustrated look at life in a medieval castle. I was so fascinated. I hope you’re nerding out for fun reasons!! (Although, to me, nerding out is ALWAYS fun.)
    Amy @ Tripping Over Books recently posted..In My Mailbox (16)My Profile

• Heidi February 26, 2012, 5:01 pm

Yes! I too totally cried at The Probability of Miracles (and I do not cry easy). I cried, and threw it down exclaiming “NO MORE CANCER BOOKS…but that was a good one.” because it was sad but wonderful, and I hope you enjoy it. Also I have heard fantastic things about The Mighty Miss Malone.
    Heidi recently posted..In My Mailbox (7)My Profile

• Lea February 26, 2012, 5:43 pm

Oooh great book haul this week! Probability of Miracles is one that I have on my TBR list, I just love that cover!

Also, I am a total history nerd as well and A Distant Mirror by Barb Tushman is one of my faves– I have that same edition ๐Ÿ™‚ Anything about the Middle Ages or Renaissance time period, especially royal biographies– do you read any Allison Weir or Carolly Erikson? I can just get lost in their histories ๐Ÿ˜€

Hope you enjoy everything you got in this week! You can check out my IMM for this week by clicking on the link below ๐Ÿ™‚

Lea @ LC’s Adventures in Libraryland
    Lea recently posted..In My Mailbox! (15)My Profile

• Leah @ The Pretty Good Gatsby February 27, 2012, 10:47 am

nerd love! ๐Ÿ™‚ As a History major I wholeheartedly approve!

My IMM

• Misty (Book Rat) November 4, 2012, 6:57 pm

Hoooooooooow did I miss that you picked up Castle Waiting?! Oh man. (Yay)