Y’all, my favorite part of BBAW is the interview swap! It is so fun to interact with a blogger I’ve never met, and to see others do the same. On the blog today, I’ve got JoAnne at The Fairytale Nerd. She lives in the Philippines, and has been blogging for over a year, and particularly loves reading fantasy. Her favorite authors include Julie Kagawa, Cassandra Clare, and Sarah J. Maas. To learn more about her, check out her About Me page!
If you want to check out some of her recent reviews, try:
Now, to the questions!
1. Are you a lifelong reader, or did something inspire you to become one at some point along the way?
I’ve always loved reading. When I was a kid, I was always with a book. I love books more than I love toys.
NERD, I know.
My parents let me read whatever books I wanted. They let me get lost in books. I used to go on a wild book shopping spree whenever they’d take me to a bookstore. I guess that habit and love for for reading was because they encouraged me to read.
2. What is your favorite childhood read?
Sweet Valley Kids by Francine Pascal. 😀
3. Is there a genre you tend to avoid – and if so, have there been any books you made an exception for that surprised you?
I don’t really avoid books. Like I said, I love books and I have a magnetic attraction towards them. But, I rarely read non-fiction, especially biographies.
4. Do you get most of your books from the library, buy them, borrow them…?
I buy my books from the local bookstore, Amazon, and Book Depository.
5. What are your top three favorite series?
Only three? As of today 9th of September 2012 (the list changes frequently. believe me), my favorites are:
- The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa
- Prophecy of the Sisters Series by Michelle Zink
6. What upcoming 2012 release has you the most excited?
THRONE OF GLASS! Words cannot express how excited I was for this book. And I loved the story! I devoured every single word. It’s a dream. I can’t wait for the next book.
Thank you for having me Allison!