So um…wanna come over?

Y’all, today’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt from Broke & Bookish is genius. Except for the part where I have to narrow it down to just ten bookish people I want to meet, because there are SO MANY authors and bloggers I would die to hang out with.

1. Patrick Rothfuss. This should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that knows me at all. I would live in this man’s front yard if I could. Seriously, PATRICK ROTHFUSS I LOVE YOU, PLEASE DON’T GET A RESTRAINING ORDER.

2. Jennifer Donnelly. I respect her so much as one of the best writers I’ve ever come across. Seriously, no matter what I read by her, the writing is so good I almost can’t stand it. Picking her brain is definitely high on my list.

3. Lauren Willig. Not only are her books fabulous – but so is she! After getting a fancy-pants law degree from Harvard, she quit practicing law to write romance novels. Does that make her one of the coolest people ever? YES. YES IT DOES.

4. Ree Drummond. The Pioneer Woman is a writer, blogger, farmer, family gal, fabulous cook…is there anything she doesn’t do? A fellow Okie, I just know we would get along. Maybe I should just show up on her ranch and pretend I’m supposed to be there. She wouldn’t notice…right?

5. Fiona at The Book Coop & Becky at Escapism Through Books. I’ve been part of a small book group with these two girls on Goodreads for several years, but we’re the only three that blog with any regularity. To say I lurve them would be an understatement. If we ever got to meet, I would probably scare them with my enthusiasm. Seeing them running away from me would be a bummer, but that’s why we have Goodreads!

6. April and Allison from Good Books & Good Wine. Y’all, April has been my blogging idol from Day 1. She is also my book soul mate, and one of the people I enjoy talking about books with the most. I haven’t known Allison as long, but I already love her personality and taste in books! Plus, she spells her name right. That is a BIG DEAL, y’all.

7. Liz from Consumed by Books. We knew each other from Goodreads before blogging, and actually started our blogs at the same time (okay, technically her blog is a couple of days older, so she could accuse me of being a copycat if she wanted…). I love her personality and her taste in books! She always seems so calm and classy in vlogs, so I’m a little concerned she would find me loud and annoying. Good thing I have lots of practice with that.

8. Misty at The Book Rat. Another Goodreads friend that predates blogging! I absolutely love how opinionated she is, plus she seems so fun and quirky. I know we would get along well. Plus, I’m pretty sure she’d be willing to creepy-stalk Patrick Rothfuss with me.

9. John Green. If you don’t want to meet JG, you are a rarity in the book community. Also, probably you’re not in the book community at all.

10. J.K. Rowling. Even though the only thing she’d probably ever want from me is to serve her room service or something, I WOULD SO DO THAT. I wouldn’t even try to keep her used napkins. Probably.

• Jamie September 18, 2012, 10:50 am

DUDE you and April need to meet already!!! I love how a lot of people on your list are Goodreads buddies. That’s how I met April and Liz..from TNBBC and College Students group! I BELIEVE I did know who you were from there too when I first joined!
    Jamie recently posted..Top Ten Bookish People I’d Like To MeetMy Profile

• April Books & Wine September 18, 2012, 11:44 am

SOMEDAY.

We will meet and it will be incredibly epic and awesome and kind of the best everrr.
    April Books & Wine recently posted..Gone Girl Gillian Flynn Audiobook ReviewMy Profile

• Quinn @ Quinn's Book Nook September 18, 2012, 11:47 am

Totally agree with you about John Green. I think the same thing can be said about JK Rowling. Although everyone outside the book community has heard of her too.
    Quinn @ Quinn’s Book Nook recently posted..Top Ten Bookish People I Want to MeetMy Profile

• West Virginia Red September 18, 2012, 11:49 am

Best list ever. Love the restraining order comment. I feel that way every time I talk about Neil Gaiman. Can’t believe I forgot about Ree Drummond.

• Liz September 18, 2012, 3:42 pm

Awww, thanks for telling me I seem calm and classy! There are definitely a few vlogs where that isn’t the case–remind me to keep those hidden from you as I would hate to shatter your illusion. In person I can be a little shy but we’ve talked so often I don’t think it would be an issue 🙂

On a related note, can I help you and Misty creep on Patrick Rothfuss?
    Liz recently posted..ALA Annual 2012 RecapMy Profile

• Fiona September 18, 2012, 4:01 pm

Awww, one day I am going to do a tour through the US and meet up with all my Viners. Or alternatively come to the UK for massive group hug!

• Becky September 18, 2012, 6:08 pm

….Define “regularity”. O_o

I will TOTALLY come to see you one day! Maybe next sum– no. Too hot. Fall. Maybe next fall. Oh but you have skooooool! Maybe next summer after all. 😛
    Becky recently posted..Review: Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson ★★★★My Profile

• Amy @ Tripping Over Books September 18, 2012, 7:11 pm

OMG Patrick Rothfuss, OBVIOUSLY. I love that picture of him, btw. It’s perfect. Also, I forgot to put Lauren Willig on my list!! Even though I would die to meet her! Her Pink Carnation books are some of my favorites. I’m excited about her new series set in the 1920s, even though I’m predicting that Pink Carnation will always be my secret favorite. AND HOLLA PIONEER WOMAN. She basically has my life that I want for myself. HER HUSBAND IS A COWBOY for crying out loud, and she lives on a RANCH, and cooks lots of delicious food. Her blog is pretty legit, too. Much like your list. 🙂
    Amy @ Tripping Over Books recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday (45)My Profile

• Allison September 18, 2012, 10:46 pm

One day we shall meet, and it will be absolutely EPIC! D

• Misty September 20, 2012, 11:15 pm

I am SO ready to creepystalk Rothfuss! For reals, whenever you want to get your illicit peepage on, I’ll have our Stalker Supply Kit ready and waiting.

=D

(Also, a meet-up with all of us would be SO BEYOND AWESOME)
    Misty recently posted..Book Chat: Books for Our Younger SelvesMy Profile