Y’all, today’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt from Broke & Bookish is genius. Except for the part where I have to narrow it down to just ten bookish people I want to meet, because there are SO MANY authors and bloggers I would die to hang out with.
1. Patrick Rothfuss. This should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone that knows me at all. I would live in this man’s front yard if I could. Seriously, PATRICK ROTHFUSS I LOVE YOU, PLEASE DON’T GET A RESTRAINING ORDER.
2. Jennifer Donnelly. I respect her so much as one of the best writers I’ve ever come across. Seriously, no matter what I read by her, the writing is so good I almost can’t stand it. Picking her brain is definitely high on my list.
3. Lauren Willig. Not only are her books fabulous – but so is she! After getting a fancy-pants law degree from Harvard, she quit practicing law to write romance novels. Does that make her one of the coolest people ever? YES. YES IT DOES.
4. Ree Drummond. The Pioneer Woman is a writer, blogger, farmer, family gal, fabulous cook…is there anything she doesn’t do? A fellow Okie, I just know we would get along. Maybe I should just show up on her ranch and pretend I’m supposed to be there. She wouldn’t notice…right?
5. Fiona at The Book Coop & Becky at Escapism Through Books. I’ve been part of a small book group with these two girls on Goodreads for several years, but we’re the only three that blog with any regularity. To say I lurve them would be an understatement. If we ever got to meet, I would probably scare them with my enthusiasm. Seeing them running away from me would be a bummer, but that’s why we have Goodreads!
6. April and Allison from Good Books & Good Wine. Y’all, April has been my blogging idol from Day 1. She is also my book soul mate, and one of the people I enjoy talking about books with the most. I haven’t known Allison as long, but I already love her personality and taste in books! Plus, she spells her name right. That is a BIG DEAL, y’all.
7. Liz from Consumed by Books. We knew each other from Goodreads before blogging, and actually started our blogs at the same time (okay, technically her blog is a couple of days older, so she could accuse me of being a copycat if she wanted…). I love her personality and her taste in books! She always seems so calm and classy in vlogs, so I’m a little concerned she would find me loud and annoying. Good thing I have lots of practice with that.
8. Misty at The Book Rat. Another Goodreads friend that predates blogging! I absolutely love how opinionated she is, plus she seems so fun and quirky. I know we would get along well. Plus, I’m pretty sure she’d be willing to creepy-stalk Patrick Rothfuss with me.
9. John Green. If you don’t want to meet JG, you are a rarity in the book community. Also, probably you’re not in the book community at all.
10. J.K. Rowling. Even though the only thing she’d probably ever want from me is to serve her room service or something, I WOULD SO DO THAT. I wouldn’t even try to keep her used napkins. Probably.