You guys, I am not a slasher movie fan. I don’t do all the scary movies where teenagers get picked off one by one…not my thing at all. Nope. When I wanna talk Halloween movies, I pretty much mean the awesome of KIDS MOVIES.
Also, every movie I’m mentioning in this post is available on YouTube. You’re welcome.
1. Hocus Pocus. We’ll just get this one out of the way first. It is pretty much the best movie ever. If you haven’t seen it, I have no words. YOU MUST FIX THIS OVERSIGHT IMMEDIATELY. Best Halloween movie ever. Old school witches from Salem, Massachusetts? Meet the 90s.
2. Under Wraps. April recently linked to this one on Twitter, or I’m not sure I would have remembered it. I’m pretty sure I watched it eleventy times when I was a kid, though. Zombified mummies, Disney style.
3. Halloweentown. Oh classic Disney Original Movies, why are you so awesome? My grandma never turned out to be a witch when she visited.
4. Labyrinth. Okay, first of all, I lied. Only the first hour of this one is on YouTube. My bad. But it is available to stream on Netflix! This movie has a little bit of everything: creepy music! scary labyrinth! David Bowie! kidnapped babies!
5. Are You Afraid of the Dark? This is a TV show, and it is genius. I remember being legit terrified by some of the episodes when I was a kid. Basically this group of kids called The Midnight Society sit around a campfire and tell scary stories. The episodes are only 20 minutes long, so you should definitely check them out!
So, what am I missing? What “scary” movies did you love watching when you were a kid?