Let’s Talk Halloween Movies, Y’all

You  guys, I am not a slasher movie fan. I don’t do all the scary movies where teenagers get picked off one by one…not my thing at all. Nope. When I wanna talk Halloween movies, I pretty much mean the awesome of KIDS MOVIES.

Also, every movie I’m mentioning in this post is available on YouTube. You’re welcome.

Hocus Pocus

1. Hocus Pocus. We’ll just get this one out of the way first. It is pretty much the best movie ever. If you haven’t seen it, I have no words. YOU MUST FIX THIS OVERSIGHT IMMEDIATELY. Best Halloween movie ever. Old school witches from Salem, Massachusetts? Meet the 90s.

Under Wraps

2. Under Wraps. April recently linked to this one on Twitter, or I’m not sure I would have remembered it. I’m pretty sure I watched it eleventy times when I was a kid, though. Zombified mummies, Disney style.

Halloweentown

3. Halloweentown. Oh classic Disney Original Movies, why are you so awesome? My grandma never turned out to be a witch when she visited.

Labyrinth

4. Labyrinth. Okay, first of all, I lied. Only the first hour of this one is on YouTube. My bad. But it is available to stream on Netflix! This movie has a little bit of everything: creepy music! scary labyrinth! David Bowie! kidnapped babies!

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

5. Are You Afraid of the Dark? This is a TV show, and it is genius. I remember being legit terrified by some of the episodes when I was a kid. Basically this group of kids called The Midnight Society sit around a campfire and tell scary stories. The episodes are only 20 minutes long, so you should definitely check them out!

Wishbone Legend of Sleepy Hollow

6. Halloween Hound: The Legend of Creepy Collars. You guys, WISHBONE! This is the hour long Halloween special based on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

So, what am I missing? What “scary” movies did you love watching when you were a kid?

• Amber (Books of Amber) October 21, 2012, 7:36 am

Hocus Pocus is my favourite Halloween movie EVER. Come to think of it, I haven’t rewatched it in a while so I might do that right now!

I also love Sleepy Hollow, but the Johnny Depp version XD Probably because it was the one I saw first.

Oh, and The Nightmare Before Christmas!
    Amber (Books of Amber) recently posted..Poison Princess by Kresley ColeMy Profile

• Jackie G. October 21, 2012, 1:10 pm

Aaaah, the nostalgia! I haven’t watched Hocus Pocus in ages. Ages! But, I loved that movie. I had a friend in elementary school whose birthday was around Halloween time. For her party, she played Hocus Pocus through a projector onto her garage door. (It was Georgia, so it wasn’t so cold.) We sat around giggling and eating buttery popcorn and watching the film.

My go to Halloween flick? It wasn’t so much scary, but I’m really keen on the Casper movie with Christina Ricci. I watch it every year!
    Jackie G. recently posted..Blogging & Busy SchedulesMy Profile

• April Books & Wine October 21, 2012, 1:36 pm

I love allllll of these.

I’m totally going to watch Hocus Pocus tonight! :-D
    April Books & Wine recently posted..In My Mailbox (88) / Stacking The Shelves (9)My Profile

• Amber Elise October 21, 2012, 5:31 pm

Last week I watched Halloweentown and Are You Afraid of the Dark while I carved pumpkins, it was awesome! I miss old school Disney, they knew how to do Halloween movies!

And I’ve never heard of Halloween Hound!

Thanks for making me all nostalgic!

Amber Elise @ Du Livre
    Amber Elise recently posted..Review: Deadly Cool by Gemma HallidayMy Profile

• Ash @ Typing Tiara October 23, 2012, 2:39 pm

Hocus Pocus and all of the Halloweentown movies are my favorites. I watch them all every Halloween without fail unless I’m too busy and then I still cram in Hocus Pocus, it just isn’t Halloween without those three witches. :]
    Ash @ Typing Tiara recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: Gettin’ Halloween-yMy Profile

• makeshift bookmark October 24, 2012, 9:59 am

So okay. I’ve never seen Hocus Pocus (I KNOW.) But I do own all the seasons of AYAOTD. So that has to count for something. I’ve heard such great things about Hocus Pocus, so I know I’m missing out. I will remedy this!
    makeshift bookmark recently posted..Book Blogger Woes (2)My Profile

• Allison L October 24, 2012, 9:40 pm

I love this post! I actually haven’t seen Labyrinth before. I should probably get on that. Also, Halloween movies that you didn’t mention that I love: Casper and It’s The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. <3