The Big Bang Theory is basically nerd porn. It’s hilarious and geeky and FULL OF AWESOME.
If you haven’t seen the show yet, you are missing out! It basically centers around a couple of INCREDIBLY GEEKY scientists and their hot female neighbor. Go forth and check it out immediately!
When you’re caught up and have no new episodes to watch, here are some great alternatives:
…if you want to keep watching a surprisingly cool nerd talk about science:
Another option is the YouTube Geek & Sundry Channel. They have everything from a comedy web series to a fantasy book club. Plus, the Great and Mighty Patrick Rothfuss himself even hosts a panel once a month!
…if you’d rather pick up a book and read:
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card. This is science fiction at its finest, y’all. The world depends on a bunch of kids fighting a space war. Amazon
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman. Not only does this one feature characters with genius-level intelligence, but it is doubly awesome because it has a lot of things in common with Harry Potter. Amazon
Not a fantasy fan? NO PROBLEM. Plenty of socially awkward genius love to be found elsewhere…
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. This book is funny. REALLY funny. It has everything from feral hogs to moonshine. To advanced math and child prodigies. The nerd quotient is high. Amazon
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. This is where the socially awkward comes in. In a big way. I haven’t seen the movie yet, but the book is great! Amazon
Or, maybe you’re thinking that recurring characters like Leslie Winkle are not enough. YOU WANT MORE LADY NERD!
- All Men of Genius by Lev A.C. Rosen. I can’t recommend this one highly enough – it is so underrated. Steampunk with a lady scientist infused with elements from The Tempest & The Importance of Being Earnest…yes, it can be just as awesome as it sounds. Amazon
- A Week to be Wicked by Tessa Dare. If you’re more of a straight romance reader, check out this one featuring yet another awesome lady scientist. Who says a super awkward genius can’t bring a rake to his knees? $3.79 on Amazon – WORTH IT!
What else would you guys recommend?
And now…Big Bang Theory gif time!
(Was this entire post just an excuse to look up gifs? Definitely.)