You Guys…It’s October 2013 Readathon Time!

If you know me, you know I absolutely love the biannual 24 hour readathon. It is the one blogging tradition I’ve consistently adhered to since starting my blog in 2010. I have a pretty big stack of books picked out, and I’m pretty excited to get through some of these options!

As always, my goal will be to get through 10 books. (Which sounds impressive, but really isn’t since most of my picks are either juvenile or novellas!)

The physical stack:

• Pink Boots & A Machete by Mireya Mayor
  • Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
  • Three Schemes and a Scandal by Maya Rodale
  • Terrain by Genevieve Valentine
  • Meridian Six by Jaye Wells

**********

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

My lovely apartment in Norman, Oklahoma.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Possibly The Farthest Away Mountain by Lynne Reid Banks. I’ve had it for awhile, but I’ve been saving it for the readathon!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I actually didn’t buy anything especially for this weekend, but I do have a new coffee blend to try out.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I have a serious RAGE problem when it comes to being interrupted while I’m reading. I also have loud neighbors – so I hope they survive the day!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?

I’ve been doing this for awhile, so I have a system that works for me. I absolutely love being able to update my Goodreads Challenge totals at the end of the day! It’s the small things in life, y’all.

• April Books & Wine October 11, 2013, 6:43 pm

Ahhh! Joyland is sooooo good.

AND OMG I love that you have some pretty retro books in there.

YAYYYY READATHON! Expect some cheers, yo.
    April Books & Wine recently posted..Fault Line | Christa Desir | Book ReviewMy Profile

• Vikk @ Down the Writers Path October 11, 2013, 7:53 pm

Love Bradbury. Like the way you broke your list into the two parts. Wanted to say hello as the read-a-thon starts.
    Vikk @ Down the Writers Path recently posted..Readathon books – Planning and gatheringMy Profile

• Kate- Midnight Book Girl October 11, 2013, 9:52 pm

Awesome pile! I loved Joyland, and The Great Gilly Hopkins was one of my childhood favorites. Usually I read a Bunnicula book for readathon because I like reading old childhood favs for the event. 😉

I’ll be cheering you on tomorrow for Team Panda, so good luck!
    Kate- Midnight Book Girl recently posted..My Ridiculous Readathon Pile O’BooksMy Profile

• Olivia October 12, 2013, 6:56 am

I soooooo know what you mean with the Goodreads updating thing! Love to do it every readathon 🙂

• Lauren October 12, 2013, 7:05 am

Good luck!

• betti October 12, 2013, 7:26 am

I think you’re the second person who is going to be reading Alice in Wonderland. I am mainly trying to clean up my Kindle TBR list

• Flora October 12, 2013, 7:33 am

My son lives there and graduated from the University. It’s a small world even within this big ol’ internet world. 🙂 I hope you enjoy your reading time today.
    Flora recently posted..One Little Word – OctoberMy Profile

• Becca October 12, 2013, 8:43 am

All great choices! Good luck today! *TEAM PANDA*
    Becca recently posted..Read-a-thon Fall 2013My Profile

• Kate- Midnight Book Girl October 12, 2013, 1:07 pm

I used to live in Norman, OK! I dragged my Sooner husband to the East Coast, but we still have his family and quite a few of my bestest friends there. I love the weather so much more here in VA, but I miss Oklahoma. And Braums. I miss Braums so much.

Keep it going on,
    for Dewey’s Readathon!

#TeamPanda

Kate@MidnightBookGirl
    Kate- Midnight Book Girl recently posted..Readathon Begins!My Profile

• Buried In Print October 12, 2013, 7:02 pm

Oh, hey: I love your reading choices. Great combination: I’d’ve happily adopted your stack. And ten books from that stack seems completely do-able. Joyland was great fun: a quintessential summer read, but fun any time of year I bet.
    Buried In Print recently posted..Read-A-Thon Day: All Things Dewey’s Read-a-thonMy Profile

• Liz October 12, 2013, 9:04 pm

This is such an interesting stack. Bridge to Teribithia is a total tearjerker, and you’ll really like Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland. I would have loved to do the readathon today, but I had to work. Perhaps next year!
    Liz recently posted..Giveaway + Review of The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon In Two by Catherynne M. ValenteMy Profile